Jones & DeMille STEM Scholarship
Jones & DeMille Engineering is committed to shaping the quality of life in the rural West and making an impact beyond the project by helping to build thriving communities in which we live, work, and serve. We would like to support students in our communities that are furthering their education by donating ten $1,000 dollar scholarships each year.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A Senior currently enrolled at any Utah High School. Preference will be given to students that live in rural areas
- GPA of 3.0 or Higher
- Pursuing a Career in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field through Higher Education. Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a career in civil engineering, architecture, environmental sciences, or planning.
- Actively involved in Community Service
A committee of Jones & DeMille Team Members will review the applicants and select ten students to receive the $1,000 scholarship awards. Selection will be based on the student’s online application, resume, and a short 300-500 word essay. The essay should detail the following:
- Your experience with community service
- Plans for pursuing a STEM education and career
- What you will do with the scholarship award if selected
- How you demonstrate the Jones & DeMille Core Values (listed below):
- Always do the right thing
- Humble, consistent communication
- Cultivate lasting relationships
- Be 100% responsible
- Pursue an engaged & balanced life
- Seek excellence, embrace innovation
Recipients must provide proof of college/school registration to Jones & DeMille Engineering as well as complete the applicable forms to receive the award. Scholarship awards will be held for up to three years for those recipients who will not be attending college/school immediately following high school graduation.
Please contact Kelly Carter at Jones & DeMille Engineering with any questions at email@example.com